Interested in joining Reisner Lab?
We are always looking for ambitious, passionate and talented students and scientists with a strong background in electrochemistry and photochemistry, spectroscopy, materials chemistry, organic synthesis, biochemistry and microbiology, analytical chemistry as well as chemical and device engineering.
If you are interested in joining the group, either as a postgraduate student or as a Postdoctoral Researcher, please email Prof. Erwin Reisner directly. Please note that the large influx of emails does not allow for all requests being responded, but all applications will be considered and those candidates with (i) a first-class track record, providing a clear (ii) motivation to join the team and (iii) research goals of mutual interest will receive feedback and be potentially invited for interview. Possible start dates and funding opportunities should also be included.
Postdoctoral positions:Funding is periodically available for postdoctoral researchers and all available positions will be advertised on this website and https://www.jobs.ac.uk/. Fellowship applications to external funding bodies will always be considered and the application should list suitable schemes and deadlines. Time is critical and please get in touch early with a CV, motivation to join the team, research interest, a list of three referees and a list of potential funding bodies.
•Potential funding sources include (applying from anywhere in the world):
1. Marie Curie Sklodowska Fellowship (European Commission) Link
2. Royal Society Newton International Fellowship Link
3. Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships Link
4. UK Research Councils Link
5. EMBO Fellowships Link
6. Cambridge Herschel Smith Fellowship Link
7. Ernest Oppenheimer Early Career Research Fellowship Link
8. Human Frontier Science Programme Fellowship Link
9. 1851 Royal Commission Fellowship Link
10. Schlumberger Fellowship Link
•National/restricted funding sources include:
1. Canada: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Link
2. Switzerland: Swiss National Science Foundation Link
3. Austria: Erwin Schrödinger Fellowship, FWF Link
4. Germany: DFG Link
5. Spain: Fundación Ramón Areces Link
PhD/MPhil positions:Typically two-three PhD students join our group each year. Please get in touch early (ideally around September-October for an autumn start the following year) and apply with a CV, academic transcripts, motivation to join the team and specific research interests by e-mail. Information about graduate studies at Cambridge is available here.
Early September | University of Cambridge Postgraduate Admissions Applicant Portal opens
2 December 2021 | Application deadline for all those seeking funding from the University or Department of Chemistry
•Potential funding sources for PhD/MPhil include:
1. Cambridge Trust Link
2. Gates Scholarship Link
3. EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training such as NanoDTC Link
Find more information about funding and financial support here
Undergraduate research projects:
Typically two undergraduate research position is available each year. You may join us either as Part III (final year) student (start October) or visiting exchange student (preferably from October until June or March until September).